GOVERNMENT DEGREE COLLEGE KISHTWAR
(NAAC ACCREDITED 'B' GRADE)
For Academic Session 2023-24
LINK FOR ADMISSION SEM-1(NEP)FYUP 2023-24
It is for the information of all concerned that for the Academic Section 2023-24 the admission to all the Under Graduate Programmes (FYUGP) and 5 Year Law etc. of the University of Jammu running at GOVT. DEGREE COLLEGES/Private Affiliated Colleges, in the entire Jammu Province as well as in the Main Campus/offsite Campuses of the University of Jammu shall be done purely on the basis of the Common University Entrance Test [CUET (UG)-2023] to be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA)
- -->Public Notice 1 regarding CUET-2023
- -->Public Notice 2 regarding CUET-2023
- -->Public Notice 3 regarding Extension In Last Date of CUET-2023 forms
- -->INFORMATION BULLETIN: COMMON UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE TEST (UG) - 2023
For Academic Session 2022-23
Under New Education Policy (NEP-2020)
-->Guidelines for FYUP NEP-2020
-->Revised Statutes Governing Four Years Under Graduate Programmes (FYUGP) as per National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 from the Academic Session 2022-23 onwards.
Under Choice Based Credit System
1. The admission process for B.A., B. Sc., B. Com., Semester-I commences in the First week of February or after the 10 days of declaration of results for Class XII Examination through J&K Board of School Education (Jammu division). Notification in this regard is issued in the local newspapers by University of Jammu.
2. Admission to semester-I of three years B.A/B.Sc/B.Com (General) course shall be opened to a candidate having passed the Higher Secondary Part-II (10+2 pattern) examination in full subjects either from J&K State Board of School Education or from any other Board recognized by J&K Government.
3. There are limited numbers of seats in subjects Fisheries, Geography and Computer Application, admission to these subjects shall be made purely on merit basis.
4. The admission to semester–II, semester-IV and semester–VI are made on the basis of admission in semester-I, semester-III and semester-V as per carry on system respectively.
5. Admission to BA/B.Sc./B.Com semester-III and semester-V is open to a person who has passed at least 75% of credits in semester–I (for admission to sem-III) and Semester-IV (for admission to sem-V) examinations conducted by University of Jammu.
6. The College admission brochure will be available for sale in the College.
7. Students are advised to go through the prospectus thoroughly before filling admission forms.
8. Due to ceiling on the intake capacity, students are advised in their own interest to apply for three subject combinations in order of preference.
9. Admission to various subject combinations available in the College is governed by merit only and the cut off percentage for each combination varies.
10. Information regarding the merit based selection for enrollment in the College along with subject option offered is displayed on the Notice Board.
11. Student once enrolled and completes the minimum required attendance in any subject and fails in term end examination or does not appear in the term end university examination shall not be considered at all for re-admission to the same class again.
12. Students seeking admission to B.A Sem-I shall take up the same subjects as in case of their 10+2 examination. However, Horizontal mobility is available to the students of medical stream who wishes to opt for arts stream.
13. • Admission to B.Sc. semester-III and semester-V shall commence immediately after the declaration of semester-I and semester-III results by the University of Jammu. The dates are duly advertised/ communicated through the print & electronic media.
Note :- The Principal reserves the right to accept or reject any application form for admission without assigning any reason.
Certificate To Be Attached
The following certificates must be attached with the admission form;
» Attested photocopies of marks certificate of 12th class (three copies);
» Provisional certificate (original copy) issued by the institution last attended;
» Character Certificate (original copy) issued by the Head of the institution last attended;
» For Private candidates, a Character Certificate signed by First Class magistrate/SHO or Gazetted Officer is prerequisite;
» Three copies of recent passport size photographs with contrast background;
» Matriculation Certificate/Diploma (attested Three Copies);
» Reserved Category Certificate duly issued by the competent authority (if any);
» Pass outs of School/Board/University other than J&K Board of School Education or Jammu University are required to produce a migration Certificate and two attested photocopies thereof;
» Admission seekers selected admission are required to submit an undertaking on an affidavit upon non-judicial stamp paper duly attested by notary, (As per Annexure- I) ;
» Students with a break in their academic career are required to submit an additional undertaking on a non-judicial stamp paper duly attested by notary (As per Annexure - II);
» Students who have passed Hr. Sec. Part II (10+2) examination or an equivalent from any recognised Board other than J&K Board are required to submit an additional undertaking on a non-judicial stamp paper duly attested by notary (As per Annexure - III).